I moved out of my apartment on December 20, two days before my big day. It was a hectic day but my sweet fiancé, mom, brother, and soon-to-be-in-laws came and helped me out! We packed up my belongings all morning, and cleaned all afternoon. I was going up to Bountiful that night and staying at my parents until our wedding. I got to spend a few hours alone with my sweetheart (which I always cherish), and then I had to leave. It was the last time I would see my love before we were married. It was the hardest goodbye I've ever had to say, but the sooner I left, the sooner we got married!
I ended up spending the day before our wedding with my family relaxing and making sure everything was ready for the big day. I spent the moring with my big brother at City Creek for a little Christmas shopping. I kept seeing the Salt Lake temple and thinking, I am getting married there TOMORROW! My sister Kristy flew in from Indiana that afternoon and I spent the evening with my mom and sisters doing our nails in a little Allred girls pre-wedding tradition. It was so surreal that I was getting married the next day! I couldn't wrap my mind around it. I had been imagining what my wedding day would be like since I was a little girl. I mean what little girl doesn't daydream about her wedding day now and then? I imagine at one point or another every little girl does...it is a part of being a girl. I couldn't believe it was my reality! I couldn't sleep that night. I was WAY too excited (mixed with a few nerves)! I barely talked to Michael all that day so we talked on the phone that evening. It did wonders to calm me down. I love that boy with all my heart--he makes everything better. I don't know when or how I even fell asleep but the 6 o'clock hour came way too soon. I jumped out of bed, showered, shaved, and started the portion of my makeup I was in charge of (eyeliner and mascara, the only makeup I do on a regular basis).
*Side note: I like to watch movies while I get ready, I like the back ground noise. What movie did I choose to get ready to on my wedding day? Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Fun Fact: this is also the movie I listened to as I got ready before I went through the temple for the first time a week earlier.
My amazing sister Stacy came up early and did my hair and helped me with my makeup. I cannot thank her enough because I have never felt more beautiful! It was so perfect and just what I had wanted. I kept looking at myself in the mirror and thinking that I looked like a bride! I then made sure, several times, that we had my dress, veil, recommend, temple bag, and everything else I needed for the day! And then we were off! The entire car ride I was grinning from ear to ear. I WAS GOING TO GET MARRIED!!!!
I rode to the temple with my mom and dad. We met Michael and his dad, Jose, at the temple. They arrived at the temple before us, but took the long way to get inside the temple so we were inside the temple before them. All the temple workers kept asking me where my groom was! As I was sitting in the temple waiting for my groom, I couldn't believe I was hours away from getting MARRIED! Talk about the most surreal feeling of my life! I saw Michael for the first time that day, looking as handsome as ever, and I knew without a doubt that he was the man for me! I have never been so sure of anything in my life! I have never been happier than I was that day. We filled out the paperwork before the ceremony and then we parted to get ready for the ceremony. We were reunited in the celestial room of the Salt Lake City LDS Temple. It was so nice having the time alone together to sit and reflect and prepare ourselves for the covenants we were about to make. The spirit was so strong and again I knew I was making the right decision. Michael was the man my Father in Heaven wanted me and needed me to marry. We sat holding hands, waiting for our turn to be sealed. I'm not going to lie, it was a LONG wait! Or at least it seemed like forever, because I was just so excited and so ready to be his wife! It was finally our turn and we entered the room we were to be married in. We were surrounded by our families and friends. It could not have been more perfect. I honestly cannot remember what the sealer said, I was too overcome with love for the man beside me and the spirit of my Father in Heaven. It was so perfect, simple and short. Before I knew it...I was finally MRS. FONSECA! We hugged our family and I left my husband to put on my perfect dress (I absolutely LOVE my dress. When I was dress shopping and tried on my dress everyone in the room knew that was the dress I was going home with. I lit up when I put it on)!
I put my dress on, did touchups on my hair and makeup, and made sure I looked as perfect as I possibly could. I then went to find my husband (it took me a while to get used to that, calling him my husband, but I loved being able to finally call him that). I was a little nervous for Michael to see me. He hadn't seen my dress. At all. No pictures, no discriptions...nothing. I turned the corner and there he was. My man. The look on his face when he saw me was more than I could have hoped for. It was just like the movie 27 Dresses. Perfect. He told me I was so beautiful and my heart melted because I knew he meant it. We then went outside where our loved ones were waiting to see the new Mr. and Mrs. Let the celebrations begin!
We got many hugs and shed a few tears. My best friend (since birth) made the long trip from Cedar City to come to my wedding. It meant so much having her there. I honestly don't know if I could have had my perfect day without her. We have been through so much together and she knows me better than anyone!
When we decided to get married in December, we were really nervous about what the weather would be like. It turned out to be a gorgeous day! It was the warmest it had been in several days and the sun was shining! It was really windy though, which made it pretty cold at times (just my arms and hands were cold) but we can't complain. It really was the perfect day. It doesn't really look like December does it?
After we cut the cake it was time for the bouquet and garter toss! I was joking with my best friend Lilly before the bouquet toss that it was coming for her! After I tossed the bouquet and looked back, I was surprised and amused to see that Lilly had actually caught it! My sister later told me that it headed straight for Lilly and no one else had a chance. (Looking back I love that she caught it because she is actually getting married next week!)
Next it was time for Michael to get the garter. I have never blushed so much in my life!
Before I knew it our day was over! I couldn't believe how fast it all went. Most of it seems like such a blur. It was such a whirlwind of emotions! I have never been happier in my life. I was sealed for time and all eternity to the greatest man in the entire world. He was mine and I was his in every way possible. It was the best feeling in the world knowing that nothing could separate us now. I felt the spirit so strong and knew I made the right decision.
December 22, 2012 will forever go down as the best day of my entire life. No doubt about that. My wedding day was more than I ever dreamed of!!! We've been married for over 6 months now! It is so crazy it's already been 6 months! It seems just like yesterday! It has been the best 6 months of my life! And I look forward to an eternity with Michael by my side!
*Funny story: Sunday we were getting ready for church and Michael realized he didn't have his dress shoes. We panicked because we had no clue where they were. We called my parents and found out he had left them at the reception center when he had changed and they had taken them home. Then my parents informed me that they remembered to grab Michael's shoes, but left MY WEDDING DRESS at the reception center! I'm glad they remembered the shoes at least. Haha. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment